Roll into the New Year With Truck Inspection & Repair Services
Your trucks are what make your business profitable – so why shouldn’t you do everything you can to keep them in top shape? During the winter, your fleet of trucks might take a beating from all the snow, ice, salt and other common road hazards.
If you need repairs, turn to the Truck Service of Virginia!
Here are just a few things to look out for when it comes to how winter can affect your trucks:
- Thickening fluids: Your car’s fluids become more viscous, or thicken, when temperatures get low. This can result in damage to the engine!
- Dead battery: The cold can deplete a battery very quickly. Keep jumper cables on hand, especially during the winter!
- Tire pressure: In cold temperatures, tire pressure can decrease – which can shorten the lifespan of the tire and lead to uneven wear.
- Leaks: Similarly to how freezing water causes potholes in the road, freezing water can also cause damage to the steering a brake systems.
- Salt damage: Road crews use ice to melt snow, and that salt can stick to metal components and – if left there – can cause them to corrode, especially the undercarriage brakes and wheel wells.
If you find yourself dealing with any of these issues, or if any other problems arise with your fleet of trucks, don’t let it get in the way of productivity! Contact TSVA today to get a quote on your needed repairs.