Buying a Mechanics’ Truck? Refine Your Specifications
Mechanics' trucks are large purchases, so it’s important to procure vehicles that meet your needs precisely and are designed and priced to your specifications. Here are a few considerations to review while developing your specs.
- Know exactly what size vehicle you need and how much power is required to perform effectively in the conditions your crews face.
- Learn the important differences between crane body brands and styles and shop for models that meet all your needs without overspending for features that have no value for your business.
- Choose the right amount of compressor power.
- Get a control package that matches the way your crews really work.
- Identify all your accessory equipment needs.
- Identify any special requirements with regard to shelving and compartments.
- Identify the kind of lighting you need to work most effectively.
- Identify your ideal bumper and step configurations.
- Look closely at details such as tie-downs and decide what your crews need. For example, do you need large, unobstructed areas in the truck bed?
- Decide whether a new or used truck makes more sense for you.
- Determine what you absolutely need and what you can live without.
Once you have identified your needs and prioritized the specifications and accessories, you are ready to shop effectively and decide where you can save on your next vehicles. The team at Truck Service of Virginia stands ready to help you find your perfect truck. Contact us today to learn more.